The automatic inspection of linear and vertical infrastructure.
Owners of scattered or vertical infrastructures – such as railroads, power lines, wind turbines or radio masts and towers – are in the need a regular evaluation to assess their status of preservation. Its capital expenditure is substantial, reaching 67% of civil infrastructure expenditure in some industries.
The CXP Group report, revealed that companies such as Transport for London (TfL) have boosted their technicians’ efficiency, benefited the customer experience, and improved unplanned downtime by deploying automation.
Seeking the same benefits, some companies are launching programs to change their business processes. Nevertheless, they face several challenges in the process.
My company has started to automate processes, but now what?
Most likely, your company has invested in hardware such as video cameras, LiDAR or drones. This hardware can reach your assets, facilitating the work and the safety of inspectors while reducing unnecessary journeys.
However, this investment is not enough, and getting AI to work efficiently is not straight-forward. Actually, 84% of companies fail at digital transformation. Why?
· High investment: The current approach to automate infrastructure monitoring is expensive, complex, time-consuming and fragile. In a survey carried out by Gartner’s, budget (51%) was one of the main constrains.
· Data Acquisition: Quality data drives quality results. So maybe your company has already invested in hardware, but it is not the most suitable to inspect power lines, wind turbines, roads, railroads and other linear infrastructure.
· Data Analysis: According to the Harvard Business Review, usually data is not currently leveraged through machine learning, squandering immense economic benefit. Companies may have big amounts of data, but what is next?
unusuals AI, easy to deploy, useful insights.
unusuals AI has spent the last four years working at the forefront of AI technology. Our platform is specifically designed and implemented to meet the challenges above.
unusuals AI automation does not replace humans in the system. It merely transforms the nature of their role, allowing you to maximise your experts’ knowledge within a business process:
1. Data agnostic. In the scenario where sensors are already procured and working, our platform is capable of integrating a wide range of data sources. We aim to reduce the need of investing in expensive new hardware to cut costs.
2. Support. We listen to our customers, to propose the most suitable solutions. Even if it hurts. Unusuals AI team is ready to advice and support our customers to face the arising challenges during the whole process.
3. AI. Our AI is constantly trained to get the best out of your visual data. Teach it to evolve along with your specific business
unusuals AI is an on-premises and cloud software platform that requires no IT expertise, easy to manage, share and tag. All data acquired is analysed in one place, fully synchronised with the rest of your systems, allowing a smooth integration into enterprise data systems.